Goodwood

Goodwood

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Staycation: Hannah Peschar Sculpture Garden

In case you’re planning a ‘staycation’ this year I thought I’d recommend a very beautiful spot that is worthy of a visit this summer.

Hannah Peschar Sculpture Garden




This is a must. Take a picnic. Spend as long as possible. It is one of the most inspirational places I have visited. Tucked away in the depths of the Sussex countryside, pieces of sculpture from large pieces to quirky ideas can be explored as a walk takes place through ancient woodlands, and manicured lawns. Hidden in corners or displayed centre stage there are pieces/installations that may encourage thought processes or inspire awe, and if you’re like me I find it hard to resist touching but resist I must!


The house is one I would willingly stay in so is the cute cottage, a prefect retreat for a writer. Time to unwind and notice nature at its best interspersed with beautiful sculpture. I think a few days here spent as a writers retreat might inspire some interesting writing and ideas.


I’ve enclosed a few photos to give some idea what to expect however some of these installations may have changed or been sold since I took these photos.


For an up to date version visit. This amazing and beautiful venue can be found @: Standon Lane, Ockley, Surrey RH5 5QR Tel: 01306 627269

No comments:

Post a Comment