Goodwood

Goodwood

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Getting back on track

Well I have to say that I am surprised that July is almost at an end, I’m really not sure where all my time went… because it did go fast.

On reflection I don’t feel I’ve achieved much with my writing this month but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been thinking about it and what to do next.

So for August my drive has to be to get my focus back. I’m feeling stronger, my new medication should help as I’ve had to accept that my body needs to be medicated if I’m to get back to full capacity and I’ve grown tired of performing at below my par!

My goal list is long. It is ambitious.

My reasoning for setting the goal this way is that if I achieve half of it I will be further forward than I am now. However if I only secure one or two items off the list by 31st August then I will still have made a step in the right direction.

This goal setting idea might not suit everyone, but it is the summer holidays and I need to allow for an opportunity that the weather may improve and I might decide to run away to the seaside. So by giving myself a ‘get out clause I hopefully won’t feel too bad by the end of next month.

I’ll post my task list tomorrow – it’s drafted, but I need to ensure necessary appointments and, more importantly birthdays are time allowed so that I don’t screw up in spectacular fashion.

What keeps you on track, keeps you motivated to write and submit your work?

2 comments:

  1. Yes hasn't this been a quick month. Sometimes I have free time to sit at the keyboard and write and mouthing will come forth from my brain at all. When I have no time to myself that's when my brain wakes up and tells me to write my thoughts down. Why does motivation always happen when you're busy with other things? Hope you get more done this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you Ann, I decided it was time to utilise my time better, I’ve been dragging things out lately… so decided that there is no time like the present for getting a shift on as I would like to produce my own anthology of short stories. Ambitious I know but I need goals to keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete