Goodwood

Goodwood

Sunday 8 April 2012

Running ragged…

It’s the end of a hectic week, one where I agreed to complete the blogging A to Z April Challenge.

What was I thinking…?

Last week was the first week of the Easter holidays which coincided with the end of the tax year so all hell broke loose here. As the maddest giddy aunt known to my many nieces I’d been commandeered into becoming a temporary taxi driver, personal shopper and waitress! And carer.

Monday I raced up to Kingston, picked up middle two nieces and dropped them at my mothers. Then rushed to collect eldest niece from work, followed by a dash to pick up second eldest from school, poor lamb despite being on holiday she’s attending revision lessons, as if securing a prediction of 14 ‘O’ levels (mostly grade +*) isn’t sufficient - she needs extra lessons!?

This set of bonkers escapades was repeated over the next four days as nieces stayed between my house and my mothers. Including shopping trips to Brighton Laines and Horsham. It was fun. It was mad.

I take my hat off to all the mums here who run households and blog and write and juggle kids because this week my writing took a bit of a nose dive. I managed to keep the challenge on track and dip into Twitter occasionally but the novel is on hold until May… probably!

I’ve realised that this coming week may be a another challenge as I shall be away the following week so I need to get a double set of posts drafted, written and posted before I go away - if I want to remain part of the challenge…so no pressure.

I started out as number 1916, out of a field of around 1,940 and then I moved to 1914. To start with I thought I’d got confused but my number changed to #1881 and now I’m at #1805 so it appears that bloggers disappear off the A to Z challenge list at quite a high rate – *gulps*

So if I don’t respond to your lovely comments on my blog, I’m not ignoring you, really I’m not, just running ragged for the second week of the Easter holiday mayhem.

Will be awfully glad when normal services can be resumed week commencing 23rd April – St George’s day – ‘World Book Night’ oh and I have to organise a book launch too!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I recognise so much of this - but now watch my children go through the same with their children . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, thanx for dropping by & I know what you mean… but I think it will be years before I become a Grandmother *keepsfingerscrossed* ;-)

      Delete
  2. I expect the reason your number changed was because people either dropped out or turned out to not be bloggers. I did A-Z last year and some of the "blogs" I went to were websites selling stuff. I'm sure Lee made sure that didn't happen again.

    Good luck getting everything done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, nice to meet you here, just popped along to your blog and I’m speechless… I live just around the corner from ‘the Limeburners’ – it used to be my local, how weird is that! I’m completely spooked *lol* & thanx for your best wishes...

      Delete