Goodwood

Goodwood

Saturday 28 January 2012

The #smallstone challenge is almost over

Jan 25th

Starlings like flecks of black ash swoop as a flotilla, fly swiftly then land light, cling to yacht mast wires as the sun sets #smallstone

Jan 26th

This day wears its pallid drab damp dreary dullness with effortless ease it is only me that seems put out by its inclemency #smallstone

Bathed in brilliant sun light, snowdrops bow their unblemished showered heads to kiss the earth after the storm has passed #smallstone

Jan 27th
Silent, almost obscured a jet flies east, a faint sketch of a fast evaporating contrail the only evidence that it flew this way #smallstone

Shimmering sunlight shines straight, through tangled skeletal hedgerows, serrated by fine twigs & twisted gnarled branches #smallstone

Jan 28th

It’s cold. I breathe out, the warmth of my breath forms a trickle thin cloud, a vapour trial that dissipates no sooner than seen #smallstone

Jan 29th

An indistinct morning, neither light enough for day nor dark enough for night, yet in this diminished grey light I read #smallstone

A gash of light, neon lemon-yellow arrests my attention, I put down my book, close my eyes & bask in the warmth of a winter sun #smallstone

1 comment:

  1. These are really lovely, this one speaks to me...


    "Shimmering sunlight shines straight, through tangled skeletal hedgerows, serrated by fine twigs & twisted gnarled branches #smallstone"

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete