Goodwood

Goodwood

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Are you a Tosser?

Are you a Tosser? Did that grab your attention?

Because it’s a good hook, or powerful wording but I was referring to 'Keys,' either house or car or both.

Maybe you come home from work, you’re tired and grumpy: How many times have you tossed your keys down without a thought for where they have landed? And then an hour later you’ve wandered, aimless, around the house looking for them, unable to remember exactly where you dropped them. Getting mildly agitated and isn’t it strange how they’re not where they should be, where you’d expect to find them - on that special hook or in the bowl, on the hall table?

It’s been one of those weeks where I realised I have not succeeded in my main objective with my blog, which is frustrating as I had planned to write about ‘the art of losing’ and weave a connection however tenuous to my novel. That was the plan. It seemed a simple enough premise at the start but the actual art of finding a way to weave it in turned out to be much harder than I had anticipated.

So rather than give myself a hard time over it I just kept writing, other stuff, it’s not necessarily right or wrong but that’s part of adapting, allowing my blog to be flexible.

When you next toss your keys, think of me…

Going off course and having to adapt!

No comments:

Post a Comment