Goodwood

Goodwood

Saturday 29 January 2011

Y is Yes I can do this, laugh out loud!

I’d like to say thank you for dropping by and reading my ramblings. It has been an enjoyable experience to date as I find my feet in my Blog, (is it possible to have ‘feet’ in a writing blog?) but I think you know what I mean.

Last night I retired to bed and desperately needed to sleep but my mind wouldn’t switch off. Sometimes it’s hard to acknowledge that creativity knows no bounds or time frame. If ideas come, they just come. So I ended up getting up several times during the night, that means stumbling around in the dark, finding the light switch, then looking for the pen (why is it never close at hand when you’re half asleep?) and notebook.

Scrawling the dreamt words across the page and getting back into bed, then trying to settle to find that comfortable warm spot but realising the light has been left on! It’s strange how tiredness can make things seem so much harder.

But thankfully the note was made, it was important, a salient point of action that I think added the right amount of sexual tension to the climax of the chapter. The trouble is if I repeat this process more than twice in a night it can get to be disruptive to a girl's sleep pattern. Yet I know I have to do it because if I don’t the thought will evaporate and it is rarely retrieved on waking.

So I have to remind myself that ‘yes I can do this,’ it’s okay to keep doing what ever it takes to complete my book because it's almost finished and that’s an achievement in itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment