Goodwood

Goodwood

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Receiving Critique

I submitted Chapter 44 for critique. I trust the group I belong to and I value their constructive feedback becasue we have got to know each other. But I often wonder if I have done enough to capture the mood of my characters. Are my explanations clear and concise? Will my readers feel my characters? The last thing I want to discover is that it sounds contrived.
Of course if I’m patient I will find out in a few days. Funny but chapter 44 sounds like I’m at the end of my book but this number is misleading. It reflects the fact that it is the most recently written, and not the ultimate order in which it will appear in print! (oh how I wish. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that maybe one day…)

No comments:

Post a Comment